The Italian Coast Guard has entrusted ICS Technologies with the retrofit project of the IBS (Integrated Bridge System) on board of a vessel belonging to the Class200 and located on the Italian territory.
The new technological solution consists of 3 multifunctional stations, two in the main bridge with three 26’’ LED screens, and one in fly bridge with a 19″ LED screen. To complete, two X-band navigation radar systems have been installed. Each multifunction station allows the operator to easily access and move between ECDIS, RADAR and CONNING software.
The evolution of the system is characterized by the presence of an ECDIS system equipped with official ENC charts, integrated with all the on board sensors and able to:
- Access ENC charts updates in real time via dedicated router (4G / Wifi)
- Overlay the radar image on top of electronic charts
- Automatically receive Navtex messages on the charts
- Integration with the AIS/W-AIS system in accordance with IEC61993/2
- Implement the advanced management of navigation routes with related schedules and alarm management
- Generate SAR search grids
- Perform maneuver simulation and predictor function
- Automatically record on-board and navigation data
- Run the electronic logbook, play back to analyze archived data
The RADAR software on the NR4000 platform significantly increases the surveillance capabilities of the vessel; in fact, the system is able to track ARPA targets and AIS targets and present them on a single electronic chart. In addition, the system, being configured in redundancy, allows paperless navigation.
The technological evolution implemented on board of the Class200 vessel, in addition to guaranteeing full compliance with the current IMO/SOLAS regulations, is an irreplaceable tool for the execution of multi-role missions.
The system architecture allows installation activities to not involve invasive actions, allowing the completion of the mechanical/electrical installation, integration and testing activities by committing the unit only for a few working days.
ICS Technologies is honored to provide its professionalism and twenty years of experience to provide advanced and effective solutions for Italian Coast Guard vessels engaged on the National and International scenario.