The XRAD-OCEANGARD represents the last generation of X-Band solid-state radars, designed by ICS Technologies, for VTMS and Coastal Surveillance applications and available in different configurations according to mission requirements.
The X-Band fully coherent solid-state radar family XRAD-OCEANGARD is available in different configurations according to mission requirements.
There are three entry versions, each of them exceed the level of performance Basic, Standard and Advanced set by IALA Guideline no.1111 and IALA V.128 recommendation.
The fully coherent solid-state radar XRAD-OCEANGARD meets a new class of requirements by exploiting the benefits of digital waveform synthesis and processing, thus improving the coastal surveillance and unveiling any threat and illegal activities.
To pay demanding requirements, XRAD-OCEANGARD enables new capabilities by giving the possibility to upgrade its hardware and including new elaboration modules. Possible upgrades concern: transmitted power, computation capacity, additional software modules, customization of waveforms, specific radar antenna systems (fan beam, inverse cosecant squared,…).
For example, XRAD-OCEANGARD makes possible to discriminate small boats which covert behind big vessels independently from distance of the coastline.
In addition, the system can distinguish low flying objects (fixed wings or helicopters) through Doppler filtering.
- X-band, solid-state, fully-coherent
- Up-mast, mast-mounted or down-mast
- Single or Redundant transceiver
- Frequency diversity / Time diversity
- Doppler processing
- No waveguide path (zero attenuation)
- Ease of installation (plug & play)
- No consumables
- Reduced maintenance routine
- Up-mast (within the antenna turning unit)
- Mast-mounted (outdoor cabinet)
- Down-mast (indoor cabinet)
- 100W, 200W, 300W, 400W solid state power amplifier
- 12 ft, 18 ft, 21 ft, horizontal or circular
- Switchable H/C polarization
- Quasi Inverse Cosecant Squared
- Quasi Cosecant Squared
- With or without mechanical tilt
- De-icer kit for extended operating temperature (-50 ° C ÷ +55 ° C)
- Redundant encoder head
- ACP: 4096 (standard), 8192 or 16384
- Enhanced range discrimination
The XRAD-OCEANGARD is designed to exceed performance recommended by IALA Guideline No.1111 and IALA Recommendation V.128 and therefore able to detect even the smallest targets within the surrounding scenario.
The XRAD-OCEANGARD radar family is based on a fully coherent pulse compression solid-state transceiver and a radar antenna. The transceiver benefits of advanced Digital Frequency Synthesis Algorithms and employs Solid State Power Amplification in order to ensure H.24 operation with best availability.
The receiver applies Signal Processing and Digital Techniques (FFT analysis, …) for providing a clear crystal radar picture in every weather condition.To pay demanding requirements, XRAD-OCEANGARD enables new capabilities by giving the possibility to upgrade its hardware and including new elaboration modules. Possible upgrades concern: transmitted power, computation capacity, additional software modules, customization of waveforms, specific radar antenna systems (fan beam, inverse cosecant squared,…).
The XRAD-OCEANGARD is a high-end solid state radar with:
- Best performance (Zero attenuation concept, Time and frequency diversity, …);
- High-end radar array antennas;
- Simplified installation activities and reduced footprint (Plug&Play concept);
- Full auto-diagnosis;
- Unbeatable reliability and reduced maintenance (no transmission belt, magnetic encoder, no consumables, …);
- Designed as lower replaceable unit in order to make repair easy and quick
|ZERO ATTENUATION CONCEPT||XRAD-OCEANGARD radar embeds a solid state transceiver in the scanner unit, and directly coupled to the antenna. This is the meaning of ICS Technologies “Zero attenuation concept”, which provides the following technical and economic advantages:
|PLUG & PLAY CONCEPT||
System is provided with mil-std connectors and any connection cable is pre-assembled and tested at factory. Best quality material is used, and system is designed for a lifetime of over 20 years.
|EASY MAINTENANCE CONCEPT||
|No IALA compliance||
|TRANSCEIVER||100W or 200W||100W or 200W||200W or 300W or 400W|
|ANTENNA POLARIZATIONS AVAILABLE||
- EXTRACTOR-TRACKER UNIT (SINGLE OR REDUNDANT)
- DUAL SWITCHABLE ANTENNA POLARIZATION
- QUASI INVERSE COSECANT SQUARED ANTENNA
- QUASI COSECANT SQUARED ANTENNA
- DE-ICER KIT FOR EXTENDED OPERATING TEMPERATURE (-50 ° C ÷ +55 ° C)
- REDUNDANT ENCODER HEAD
- ACP: 4096 (standard), 8192 or 16384