HEDGE series is the world’s first navigation radar that combines solid-state and magnetron technologies, assuring safe navigation in any weather condition, superior reliability, and compliance to IMO resolution. It matches and combines the advantages of solid-state technology with the best performance magnetron technology, especially with concerns to effective RACON / SART triggering, ice detection, and oil spill monitoring. HEDGE series is also available in standard magnetron or solid state configurations.
Designed for military naval applications and respecting MIL-STD requirements, thanks to reduced footprint and lightweight, is suitable for installations onboard small size High-Speed Craft as well as onboard OPV or Corvettes. It is intrinsically a redundant radar system and delivers a seamless operation in any scenario.
Extremely easy to install and set up, HEDGE family feature a Plug&Play concept, a distinguishing mark of ICS’s radar systems that allow any technician to carry out a smooth installation by following a few and simple steps and without having been previously trained for it.
Navies, Coast Guards, Maritime Police Forces cannot negotiate on the system’s performance and reliability.
Among the other characteristics, key strengths to be highlighted are:
- Intrinsic redundant combined solid-state and single magnetron standard configuration.
- Single full coherent solid-state or single magnetron configurations are also available.
- Advanced digital signal processing
- Time and frequency diversity techniques
- Reduced footprint
- Native SNMP
- DDS ready with embedded Linux O.S.
- Ease and quick to install with ICS’s Plug&Play concept, zeroing any possible installation mistake
- Unbeatable reliability and reduced maintenance (no transmission belt, magnetic encoder, …);
- Designed as a lower replaceable unit in order to make repair easy and quick
- Availability > 99.99%
- Full self-diagnosis (BITE);
- High-end radar arrays;
HEDGE can be configured in many ways according to the final scope of use, and it is offered with arrays from 6 feet to 12 feet, power amplifier 100W, 200W, or 400W. The scanner unit allows a selection of 7÷60 RPM.
|TRANSCEIVER||100W or 200W and 25kW|
|AVAILABLE ANTENNA POLARIZATIONS||
Mobile surveillance Vehicles
Oil Spill Detection
Oil and gas terminals
Port Traffic Control
River Traffic Control
HEDGE, according to scope of use and customers’ requirements, may be configured with a wide choice of options, among
- Fully redundant solid-state configuration with down-mast transceiver
- LPI Low Probability of Intercept feature
- Time-Frequency Diversity capabilities
- Redundant Extractor-Tracker
- Advanced Doppler Processing
- Radar Signal Analog Output for use with Oil Spill software Modules
- Dual Switchable array polarization
- Quasi Cosecant2 Array
- De-Icer kit for extremely low temperature environments (-50°C)
- 8192 or 16384 azimuth pulses; (standard 4096)
- Redundant encoder